      From: graphixkat <lasheskat@...>
      Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Similuk/Samulak and Myroniuk Surnames
      To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 3:02 AM

      I have been working on a family tree for years. Problem is I just

      can't get anything beyond the Detroit Border Crossing for my great

      grandparents. I was just wondering if anyone reading this might have

      any knowledge.

      GrGrandmother Accelina Katherine Myroniuk born according to

      immigration records 31 Mar 1888 in Zalucze, Zeremosz, Poland. Please

      let me know if these places are wrongly named since though I have

      tried, my geography is still not very good for that portion of the

      world. She had a sister named Caterina Solowon according to the

      border crossing records. Accelina "Kate" and her husband were

      apparently also in Canada for a time before immigrating to the

      States.

      GrGrandfather Dymitri Samulak..Similuk in States at least for some of

      the siblings and some used Samulak. He was born abt 1888 in

      Zaluczne, Dist.of Sniatyn, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine, again please

      correct me on names if I am wrong. According to a genealogist who

      did a tree for a lawyer because of a death, his brother Ivan

      Petrovych Semeluk and his wife Paraska Romanivna Kuzenko, family

      still in Ukraine, used the name Semeluk. I am curious which form of

      that name would be correct in Poland/Ukraine. Race was always

      Ruthenian on border crossings.

      So if anyone can give me anything helpful..even if it's just

      corrrections on spelling, locations whatever I would appreciate it so

      much. I have more family member names of Ivan still in Ukraine if

      anyone is interested. Thanks in advance and even the smallest help

      would mean a lot.