22197Similuk/Samulak and Myroniuk Surnames

  • graphixkat
    Sep 1 1:02 AM
      I have been working on a family tree for years. Problem is I just
      can't get anything beyond the Detroit Border Crossing for my great
      grandparents. I was just wondering if anyone reading this might have
      any knowledge.

      GrGrandmother Accelina Katherine Myroniuk born according to
      immigration records 31 Mar 1888 in Zalucze, Zeremosz, Poland. Please
      let me know if these places are wrongly named since though I have
      tried, my geography is still not very good for that portion of the
      world. She had a sister named Caterina Solowon according to the
      border crossing records. Accelina "Kate" and her husband were
      apparently also in Canada for a time before immigrating to the
      States.

      GrGrandfather Dymitri Samulak..Similuk in States at least for some of
      the siblings and some used Samulak. He was born abt 1888 in
      Zaluczne, Dist.of Sniatyn, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine, again please
      correct me on names if I am wrong. According to a genealogist who
      did a tree for a lawyer because of a death, his brother Ivan
      Petrovych Semeluk and his wife Paraska Romanivna Kuzenko, family
      still in Ukraine, used the name Semeluk. I am curious which form of
      that name would be correct in Poland/Ukraine. Race was always
      Ruthenian on border crossings.

      So if anyone can give me anything helpful..even if it's just
      corrrections on spelling, locations whatever I would appreciate it so
      much. I have more family member names of Ivan still in Ukraine if
      anyone is interested. Thanks in advance and even the smallest help
      would mean a lot.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic