21242Re: Ellis Island Record

    Jul 4, 2008
      /

      Ann, Gyorgy was from Dubrowice.

      -- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Ann Poslosky
      <aposlosky@...> wrote:

      > http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp
      >
      > Lavrentiy, using the site above which Sylvia sent to me, I used the
      town Dubronice from the manifest.? I typed it into the town search
      using Hungary as the country; used "sounds like method" and "capitol
      city of relevant country".? Dabronc comes up...and maps...I used the
      G map (Google) to get directions to Bardejov which is now in NE
      Slovakia, on the Polish border.?
      > This isn't brain surgery, just for an idea if it could be possible
      for Marie's father to move there.? So, I am collecting all relevant
      clues until I get more information.? In April, I ordered an LDS film;
      it came in three days ago, and because of other commitments? I can't
      check it out for two weeks.? So, LDS is very slow right now; I guess
      they are busy "digitalizing".