21240Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Ellis Island Record

  • Ann Poslosky
    Jul 4, 2008
      http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp

      Lavrentiy, using the site above which Sylvia sent to me, I used the town Dubronice from the manifest.  I typed it into the town search using Hungary as the country; used "sounds like method" and "capitol city of relevant country".  Dabronc comes up...and maps...I used the G map (Google) to get directions to Bardejov which is now in NE Slovakia, on the Polish border.
      This isn't brain surgery, just for an idea if it could be possible for Marie's father to move there.  So, I am collecting all relevant clues until I get more information.  In April, I ordered an LDS film; it came in three days ago, and because of other commitments  I can't check it out for two weeks.  So, LDS is very slow right now; I guess they are busy "digitalizing".

      Ann