21192Re: Ellis Island Record

    Jul 4, 2008
      Ann,

      Which Dubrowice or Dubrowice did you use to calculate distance to
      Bardejov?

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Ann Poslosky
      <aposlosky@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sylvia,
      >
      > Thanks for the link; I didn't consider him before, but when I
      checked the map it is only 559 km from Ortuto where the daughter was
      born...I used Bardejvov for an idea of the distance. Today, you could
      drive in 6 and 1/2 hours from Dobrovince to the Bardjejov; so
      anything is possible; I just don't have enough "concrete" information
      yet from records.?
      > Thanks.?
      > Ann

      Hungarian ... arrived 1901 ... age on arrival 37 (makes his birth
      date 1864) ... going to join his brother in law Petro Sz..... 410
      Washington ... Scranton PA

      > http://www.ellisisl and.org/search/ matchMore. asp?MID=11531535
      890066857312& FNM=G&LNM= IVANKO&PLNM= IVANKO&first_ kind=1&kind=
      exact&offset= 0&dwpdone= 1

      > Try:
      >
      > http://www.jewishge n.org/Communitie s/LocTown. asp
      >

      > Matches his first name and birth date???
      >

      > Sylvia

      thinking he could be the one; but the age always says to me, no.
      But, maybe the ages were not truthful in the case of his daughter
      Maria; maybe she was less than 20 when she arrived. On her death
      certificate she was born on Nov. 21,1888. On the 1910 census, 2
      years after her arrival, she was 19. The same year she was married,
      on the marriage license application she gave her birthdate as May,
      1889 making her 21. Maybe George was a father at 15 or 16; right now
      I'm saying anything is possible. The fact that Ivanco's went to
      Hazleton makes it even more possible that George was her father. I
      think age became a convenience tool. Be older for the crossing over
      the Atlantic; be younger on a census; but be 21 for marriage
      application because in Pa. under 21, you needed parental or guardian
      consent. My nephew is a sweetheart; we live 2800 miles apart, but he
      is really trying to

      > find this guy.
      >

      > Thanks Mary.
      >
      > Ann

      like you are well on your way with your nephew helping!

      > Notice Istvan Ivancso from Ortuto going to his brother-in-law Fedor
      in 1904 in Hazleton, aboard The Neckar.

      > http://www.ellisisl and.org/search/ shipManifest. asp?pID=10256904
      0171

      > George Ivanco from Ortuto to Hazleton in 1901 going to his brother
      Peter in Hazleton; he had been in the US from 1897-1900 prior to this
      trip: