20946Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: 1910 census

  • Ann Poslosky
    Jun 1, 2008
      Chris and Lavrentiy,

      In the course of using Ancestry before I have found quite a few errors of this type; I sent comments to Ancestry, but it falls on deaf ears; no one seems to want to fix those errors. For another type of error on WWII draft registration cards, who ever transcribed them made a scanning error for the states of Md., Pa., Vt, and Delaware. It was actually the national archives who made this error; the back of one persons draft card appears on the same image as the front of the next person. So, the front is correct, but the back is for another individual. I have never been able to figure out the second page of my father's draft card...the one which asks if the person served in the Army in their home country. If anyone knows more about this, I sure would be interested. Errors are abundant in Ancestry, in my opinion. But, I am not as savy about this stuff as many on the lists.
      Ann

      Chris Smolinski <csmolinski@...> wrote: When you go to that particular page, nothing comes up, other than a
      message about a blank page. Other pages for that town appear ok. So
      the page is missing/misfiled in Ancestry's database. Note that only
      the scanned image is missing, if you look at the summary page (the
      transcription of the residents' names and ages), that appears fine.

      --

      ---
      Chris Smolinski