16086Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Domansky addresses

  • Cherry E
    Sep 4, 2007
      I am also looking for the domansky line in my family

      anime_kitchen16 <anime_kitchen16@...> wrote: Thank you for your help.

      It really is exciting to learn where my grandmother is from. She never
      spoke about it to anyone, family included. She has been dead for 39
      years and I am unfortunate in that I never was able to talk to her
      about her history.

      Her sister, on the other hand apparently talked about it a bit. I've
      recently learned that the family were Cossacks and that they owned a
      considerable amount of land in the Ostalovychi area. The land was
      given as a reward for exceptional military service.

      It's good to confirm that both of my grandparents were in fact from
      Galicia. Its history is fascinating.

      As far as a translator, yes, I assume that the best translator will
      always be a human. I was hoping someone would've had some experience
      with one and that he or she could make a recommendation. Of course,
      I'd expect to pay a fair price for a translator's services. I'd
      especially be interested in a translator who also has experience doing
      genealogical research in Galicia and or Ukraine. Eventually, I'd like
      to locate and correspond with my relatives.

      -Courtney

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"