15493Re: Rat' surname

    Aug 1, 2007
      Julie Finczak wrote:

      > Although my family comes from the Bukowsko area of Poland, they
      considered themselves as Lemko. In Canada, my relatives referred to
      themselves as Ukrainian and we were raised believing this. However,
      recently my mother told me that her father never considered himself
      as Ukrainian. This thought of being Ukrainian started, just before
      the second world war. So the possibility of this family line coming
      from Slovakia may be something to look into.

      *******

      Have a panikhida for your grandfather.