13580Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: LDS Microfilm "restricted"

  • Chris Smolinski
    Apr 2, 2007
      No, they didn't get the film, they instead gave a refund on the loan fee.

      I called the FHL in Salt Lake City (I needed to ask them about
      something else anyway), and they said that it could be because they
      have exceeded the maximum allowed number of copies for the film, or
      that they are no longer allowed to make copies of it, the woman did
      not seem to exactly know. Which brings up a question, is there a way
      to find out which FHC have copies of which films? If I found on
      relatively nearby, I might be willing to drive there to see it (I am
      not willing to go to SLC, however ;-) FWIW, it is a film of some
      PA church records from the late 1700s and early 1800s, so I suspect
      there isn't anyone alive who is listed ;-)

      BTW, the reason for my call was to check on some films I ordered in
      January that still have not arrived. They said they are very backed
      up now, running more than 8 weeks late. So if anyone else has films
      on order, don't worry if they haven't come in yet.

      --

      ---
      Chris Smolinski