12090Re: Help with town name on Ellis Island manifest, surname: Lesny

    Jan 2, 2007
      There is, IMHO, zero chance that the Lesny family are from Ónána.

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Kathleen Gregory"
      <gregory@...> wrote:

      > When I searched ShetlSeeker for 'amina' in Hungary using
      the 'sounds like' feature I received only one hit.

      > Ónána 46°28' 18°30' E M U Hungary 76.5 miles SSW of Budapest
      47°30' 19°5'

      > Click on E M or U for a map.
      >
      > Kathleen

      1902, with her children, Julie, Michael and Rosa bound for Ohio
      Street in McKees Rocks to her husband Johan. Her last residence was
      Amina, Hungary, and her ethnicity was 'Slowak'.