11414Re: Potocki family - Lwow

  • Michael
    Oct 4, 2006
      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Maciej Slugocki"
      <maciej.slugocki@...> wrote:

      > I have undertaken a few internet searches for the Potocki family that
      > resided in Lwow in the years spanning the 1930s.
      >
      > My father occasionally mentioned that Carol Potocki was a close friend
      > (colega). My father's family actually resided in "Palac Potockiego"
      having
      > been granted some sort of special tenancy for some historical
      assistance
      > provided to the Potocki family.
      >
      > I would be most appreciative of any leads subscribers to this list may
      be
      > able to offer so that I could trace some sort of 20th century history of
      > that branch of the Potocki family.
      >
      > Thanks in anticipation,
      >
      > Maciej Slugocki
      > Hobart Australia

      Dear Maciej,
      Have you tried the website "Genealogia dynastyczna"
      (genealog.home.pl) which deals with the Polish aristocracy? There is a
      large section on the Potocki family. Of course, they are interesting as
      they owned a lot of Galicia and were the richest landowners in Europe
      in the 19th century. Best, Michael.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic