      From: Laurence Krupnak
      To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Sokal Region

      Hello Wasyl,

      LDS microfilms that contain photographs of parish registers are only
      available for viewing at LDS Family History Centers, at the main FHL in
      Salt Lake City, and a very, very, very small number of authorized
      non-LDS facilities.

      At the Centers, anybody (LDS and non LDS church members) can make
      arrangements to access LDS microfilms through LDS' microfilm and
      microfiche rental program. The minimum fee structure to rent a film in
      US is:

      initial rental ... $3.25 (use of film for ca. 4 weeks)

      1st renewal .... $3.25 (the rental period is extended for 60 days)

      2nd renewal .... $3.25 (the rental period lasts one year).

      After the 2nd renewal the Director of the Center will determine if
      the microfilm will be placed in what is called Indefinite Loan Status.
      Indefinite Loans remain in the Center until the time when the Center
      decides it wants to return the microfilm back to the main library in
      SaltLake City.

      LDS microfilms cannot be removed from Centers(e.g., not taken home
      to be examined there), they cannot be reproduced by patrons, nor can the
      film's total content be photocopied, nor can images (photocopies of
      images or computer images) be sold for profit, etc.

      _________

      Lavrentiy

      MHHighlanders@... wrote:

      > Dear Lavrentiy:
      > Sorry to bore you with such a basic question: Is LDS data itself available online, or is it just an index of what is available, and then one must physically travel to the LDS center to view the actual microfilm?
      > Thank you,
      > Wasyl

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor