Re: gallows turntable 65'

  • edgarcorny
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2011
      Hi,

      I have completed the instruction for the turntable. I think they are a good start. I have chosen two to help me out on the 65' turntable. I hope they will feel free to make recommendations if any changes need to be made.

      If the kit goes together as well as I think, the 65' (9" in HO) will be placed on the market for $21.24. One way to mount and power this way is to attach it on top of an Atlas 9" HO scale turntable.

      The small changes for the 56' turn table (7.5" in HO) will be made then. One way to mount and power this way is to attach it on top of an Atlas 7.5" N scale turntable.

      I'd like to complete the the set with a 50' version of the same turntable.

      If you would be interested in one, please let me know - I'd like to know what size the first production run should be.

      I am also hoping to get enough via my hobby shop to rent the former Roswell Railroad Bunk House here in Dunwoody., GA. A model railroad business in a former railroad building is not done very often.

      If you would like to help me out, I am a NWSL dealer. If there is enough business, I'll try to bring in more lines.

      Thanks for your time.

      Doug vV
    • Donnie Hensley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2011
        Doug
        The turntables sound like a great idea.
        I would be interested in a couple of the small ones for the Spartan HOn3 4-4-0s.
        Don

        Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
        277 S Washington St
        Waynesburg. PA 15370
        724-627-3880
        SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
        www.taplines.net

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2011
          Hi Don,

          I'm still kicking. Thanks for the referral for CDs. I have a few available. I'm trying for cash flow and kits can be repeat business,

          I located plans for Roswell N815 0-6-0t. They are not much different than the D&RGW 0-6-0t. Main difference is the RRR 815 was light model and the D&RGW was a medium model of the 0-6-0t.

          Maybe I can cobble up a Roswell train set and reach the minimum order amount from PSC also selling D&RG and RGS 0-6-0ts.

          Starting a business is all about resources.

          Thanks.

          Doug vV

          --- In GaRRHistory@yahoogroups.com, Donnie Hensley <donnie@...> wrote:

          > Doug
          > The turntables sound like a great idea.
          > I would be interested in a couple of the small ones for the Spartan HOn3 4-4-0s.
          > Don
          >
          > Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
          > 277 S Washington St
          > Waynesburg. PA 15370
          > 724-627-3880
          > SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
          > www.taplines.net

        • edgarcorny
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011