10943Gathercole and Robinson

    Aug 5, 2014
      Back on June 5th, I noted the publication of Simon Gathercole's
      latest Thomas book, commenting that it was pricey (which seems
      to be synonymous with 'Brill'). While awaiting the expected SBL
      reprint, I came across an interview with Gathercole on Thomas at
      the Tyndale House site: http://tinyurl.com/gathercole

      Speaking of pricey/Brill, I take note here of James Robinson's latest:
      The Nag Hammadi Story: From the Discovery to the Publication.
      A huge book (in 2 volumes?) of over 1200 pages, it's priced at Brill
      for $500, but you can get it on Amazon for a paltry $408. Or get it
      from your university library (whose budget will have to increase if
      they keep buying Brill books.) I wonder if Robinson addresses
      Mark Goodacre's critique of the shifting story?

      M.Grondin
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic