10856RE: [GTh] Kenneth Neller's doctoral thesis available

    Mar 21, 2014

      Thanks a lot Judy. I can’t help being nostalgic about reading things written with a typewriter.

      Rick

      From: gthomas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gthomas@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Judy Redman
      Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:30 PM
      To: gthomas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [GTh] Kenneth Neller's doctoral thesis available

      Some years ago, I became aware that in 1983 Kenneth Neller had gained his doctorate from St Andrew’s University, Scotland, with a thesis entitled “The Gospel of Thomas and the Earliest Texts of the Synoptic Gospels”. When my library contacted the St Andrew’s library about accessing it, the conditions for getting it on an inter-library loan were just too restrictive for it to be worth accessing. A few weeks ago, I decided to ask again, and St Andrew’s library informed me that I could now request a free scan of it through the British Library’s Electronic Theses Online Service or EThOS.  I did this and just received an email letting me know that it has been scanned and is available for download.  As I understand it, this means that it is now freely available for download by anyone else who visits the site, so if anyone else has been interested in reading this, but balked at the St Andrew’s conditions, it’s now there. You need to go to http://ethos.bl.uk/Home.do and search for it. I thought I had put the whole title in the search bar and got no results, but when I put in “Neller Gospel Thomas” it came up happily. Perhaps I mistyped the thesis title.

      Judy Redman

      PhD Candidate

      Humanities and Social Sciences

      University of New England