10847Re: [GTh] Bauckham on Numerical Composition in GJn

  • David Hindley
    Mar 19, 2014

      Mike,

      Relax.

      See the Wiki article on Stigma (letter) here

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigma_(letter)

      The *medieval* ligature "stigma" (made up of Sigma + Tau) Ϛ was a *substitute* for the actual archaic Greek letter Digamma Ϝ, which had the numerical value of 6.

      David C Hindley

      Newton Falls, Ohio, USA