RE: [GTD_PPC] OFF TOPIC - Syncing and Mobile 6.0 ?

  • Lorrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2007

       I can’t get my actisync to work is there a different program out there that does the same thing?  Also I read that windows mobile 6.0 is coming out, do I have to get a new phone or will there be a download available for our current phones?

      Lorrie

    • eastexpert
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2007
        Hi Lorrie,

        For WM 6.0 you are officially "supposed" to buy a new WM6.0 device (I
        know, I know, don't we all hate the greedy schmucks!)
        However, unofficially you can often find a working upgrade on xda-
        developers.com. It's not for the faint-hearted, but often the result is
        worth it!

        Under Windows Vista, ActiveSync has been replaced by Windows Mobile
        Device Center found
        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx .

        I know of no viable ActiveSync alternatives under XP -- it's preferable
        to just get ActiveSync working. As in: Uninstall ActiveSync, *clean*
        Activesync directory under "Program Files" as some versions leave
        rubbish over there and then install ActiveSync anew.

        Maximilian

        --- In GTD_PPC@yahoogroups.com, "Lorrie" <Lokaasbr@...> wrote:

        > I can't get my actisync to work is there a different program out
        there that
        > does the same thing? Also I read that windows mobile 6.0 is coming
        out, do
        > I have to get a new phone or will there be a download available for
        our
        > current phones?
        >

        > Lorrie
      • Lorrie
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2007
          Thanks! I finally working, I don't have Vista yet but its coming in a few weeks (rebate from laptop purchase). I got the sync beta thing 4.5 last night it seems to work better than 4.2.