Re: Service Unit Financial Aid Program

  • cgyzander@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi!

      In Ridgewood, we have a casual policy for offering financial aid to individual girls.  We advertise at each Leader Meeting that there is confidential funding available for girls who need assistance with GS related expenses, such as for camp, events, dues or uniforms.  We have a three-person decision group made up of the town SUM, Treasurer and the girl's leader.  We have had two instances of girls requesting assistance in the last couple of years because of parental unemployment.

      Our pool of money came from two sources:  we used to run a town-wide roller skating event that turned a profit every year (until they closed the Rink in Montvale!), and we periodically request a $5 or $10 donation from troops into the town treasury (although we have not had to do that for several years).

      We also use the town treasury to defray the cost of town-wide events.

      Carol Gyzander
      Ridgewood SUM