Birthday Week activities

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2014
    I just uploaded two files that you might be able to easily modify & use in your service unit (& they are attached here in case you are are not on digest). We have been doing this in our Service Unit for years. We made up requirements for a commercial patch - but you can do it with any company and change the requirements to meet your area's needs. It is pretty easy to run - I recommend finding someone who is not a SUM to run it and see if they will do it for 2-3 years. IMHO, if every troop ran one SU event every other year, even small SU would have a decent program.

    I think the current policy is to have individual Service Unit Managers approve flyers that go out only within the Girl Scout community. Reminders: Do not create any new slogans (Girl Scouts love community service" would be a non-no as I read it, and it you add a logo make sure the right proportions are used and space around it, and use the B&W version unless you really are printing them all in color, ...)

    Hope this can be useful - or feel free to ignore. I just wanted to get it out soon enough that you might have a chance to use it.

    yigsgg,
        Robin
    if you are no longer SUM, you can stay - but please let the new/current SUM know about us if she/he is not yet a member

    Girl Scout Birthday Day Week activity Idea:

    one - An activity sheet for girls (we say do 5 but you can change it), (need one per girl) and
    two - an order form for the leader/volunteer to use (need one per troop)
    (of course you can order the patch and have no requirements too - we just like the girls to be a bit involved). I highlighted the bits that you would really need to change in yellow - like the contact name, phone number, ... We also give leaders a chance to order a couple of other patches (in part to get the number of patches up). Use it or change it as makes sense for yout town, service unit, girls.

    We've been ordering through snappylogos.com  and those are pictures of their patches - -but of course you can order from anywhere! (or use GSUSA patches from council shop but they are about $1.50 each.) The price per patch goes down the more you order.
    Birthday week patch

    class="yiv2582206418moz-txt-link-freetext" target="_blank" href="http://www.snappylogos.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3042">http://www.snappylogos.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3042
    Scout Sabbath

    class="yiv2582206418moz-txt-link-freetext" target="_blank" href="http://www.snappylogos.com/prodinfo.asp?number=2884">http://www.snappylogos.com/prodinfo.asp?number=2884
    Bridging

    class="yiv2582206418moz-txt-link-freetext" target="_blank" href="http://www.snappylogos.com/searchprods.asp">http://www.snappylogos.com/searchprods.asp

    They are patches with the "mix & mathc pricing": $0.74 for 1- 49, $0.68 for 50 - 249, ... prices given here

    class="yiv2582206418moz-txt-link-freetext" target="_blank" href="http://www.snappylogos.com/stock_patches.asp">http://www.snappylogos.com/stock_patches.asp

    (sometimes your total order price comes DOWN when you order a few MORE patches - so if you want to buy 6 flag ceremony patches for the girls that do year end court of awards, or a few "suyper volunteer" or "cabin camping" patches or even "great job" ort "happy birthday", it might HELP the total cost.  Don't forget the cost of Shipping & Handling
    from $0.01 - $25          $3.25
    from $25.01 - $75        $5.65
    from $75.01 - $150      $8.95

    File : /Girl Scout Week/GS-activities-GSWeek2014-draft.doc
    Description : Birthday Week Activity Sheet for girls - 2014
    >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GSNNJSUMS/files/Girl%20Scout%20Week/GS-activities-GSWeek2014-draft.doc

    File : /Girl Scout Week/GS_GSWeek14-order-draft.doc
    Description : Birthday Week order - volunteer sheet- 2014 - cost of patches, how to order, etc.  Our service unit is big enough and we've been doing this enough years that we have a good idea that we will be getting about 200 patches
    >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GSNNJSUMS/files/Girl%20Scout%20Week/GS_GSWeek14-order-draft.doc

    ###
  • Ivonne Garcia
    Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2014