Terrific Hopatcong GS Service Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013
      Hi all!

      My dad is a fireman in Hopatcong and my parents couldn't stop talking about the fabulous service project done by the Hopatcong Girl Scout Service Unit.  Many kudos to Barbara and the troops and leaders in Hopatcong!

      Hopefully Barbara can post more, but from what my parents told me, all the troops wanted to honor the many firemen, EMS and police who keep them safe in honor of 9-11.  They sent out a great invite to all those folks in town and invited them to a dinner held at one of the firehouses.  The troops cooked them all a great meal and even gave out party favors.  Apparently the Daisies job was to bring drinks and clean up dirty dishes and they were so enthusiastic and adorable (and eager) in little huddles of girls throughout the event.

      This was great and I bet many other service units could replicate this sort of thing in their own towns.