Re: [GSNNJSUMS] Re: Need Your Help for Big Township Parade!!

  • benbecdav
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
      I think we have a bunch of flags from different countries leftover from a world thinking day long ago if you want to borrow them.

      Beth E. Foster Phone (201)684-7324
      Associate Registrar Fax (201)684-7956
      Ramapo College of New Jersey EMail BFOSTER@...
      505 Ramapo Valley Road
      Mahwah, New Jersey
      07430
    • B ANDERSON
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
      We made 11 full sheets of plywood decade boards. We took them to BIG and used them on a float.
      They have stands that we can attach so they stand. on their own.
      We would love to see them used again.
      We are in Hopatcong but the boards have been stored in Hibernia off Green Pond Rd. near Lake Telemark.
      Get in touch if you are interested

      Bonnie Anderson
      Hopatcong

      On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Kim Nestor wrote:

      Hello fellow SUM's...
      Washington Township/Long Valley NJ is celebrating their 275th year this September with a big parade and fireworks festival.  Our Girl Scouts would love to make a good showing.

      And so, I am in need of some help here.  We'd love to have a float or some lovely display to carry along with us, tow behind my truck (I have a hitch), or have as a float to walk behind, but we do not have the luxury of time, as the event is in September!!

      If any of you have any floats, hand-held banners, suggestions, etc. that you believe might be useful to us...ie. I saw a great display on Facebook from Denville??  Please contact our Service Unit at SUM@... -or- me directly at kjnestor@...

      Thanks so much for any help you can give!!

      Regards--
      Kim Nestor
      Long Valley Girl Scouts
    • Kim Nestor
      Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2013
        Thank you all so very much for your input about our big township parade.  I have been able to secure help from both GSNNJ and through Denville and Hopatcong Service Units.  I have also taken several other suggestions under advisement.  I will share photos, so you can see that when we all come together we can be a huge success.

        --
        Kim Nestor, SU Team
        Long Valley Girl Scouts