Need Your Help for Big Township Parade!!

  • Kim Nestor
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2013
      Hello fellow SUM's...
      Washington Township/Long Valley NJ is celebrating their 275th year this September with a big parade and fireworks festival.  Our Girl Scouts would love to make a good showing.

      And so, I am in need of some help here.  We'd love to have a float or some lovely display to carry along with us, tow behind my truck (I have a hitch), or have as a float to walk behind, but we do not have the luxury of time, as the event is in September!!

      If any of you have any floats, hand-held banners, suggestions, etc. that you believe might be useful to us...ie. I saw a great display on Facebook from Denville??  Please contact our Service Unit at SUM@... -or- me directly at kjnestor@...

      Thanks so much for any help you can give!!

      Regards--
      Kim Nestor
      Long Valley Girl Scouts
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2013
        Can you borrow a bunch of old uniforms and country flags from council?  Many scouts dressed up could look awesome.

      • kjnestor
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2013
          I did put in a request similar to this at council and they are looking to see what they have...no word yet...but your idea is great! I'll let you know how we end up.
          Kim

          --- In GSNNJSUMS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Steinberg <normandsusan@...> wrote:

          > Can you borrow a bunch of old uniforms and country flags from council?  Many scouts dressed up could look awesome.
          >
          > Susan Steinberg
          > Realtor,Coldwell Banker
          >
          > Call me if you need Real Estate help
          > (201) 512-1239 home
          > (201) 248-0125 cell

        • benbecdav
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
            I think we have a bunch of flags from different countries leftover from a world thinking day long ago if you want to borrow them.

            Beth E. Foster Phone (201)684-7324
            Associate Registrar Fax (201)684-7956
            Ramapo College of New Jersey EMail BFOSTER@...
            505 Ramapo Valley Road
            Mahwah, New Jersey
            07430
          • B ANDERSON
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
            We made 11 full sheets of plywood decade boards. We took them to BIG and used them on a float.
            They have stands that we can attach so they stand. on their own.
            We would love to see them used again.
            We are in Hopatcong but the boards have been stored in Hibernia off Green Pond Rd. near Lake Telemark.
            Get in touch if you are interested

            Bonnie Anderson
            Hopatcong

            Message 6 of 7 , Aug 26, 2013
              Thank you all so very much for your input about our big township parade.  I have been able to secure help from both GSNNJ and through Denville and Hopatcong Service Units.  I have also taken several other suggestions under advisement.  I will share photos, so you can see that when we all come together we can be a huge success.

              --
              Kim Nestor, SU Team
              Long Valley Girl Scouts