GS Week files

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      We have resources in the "files" section of this group - one just has to
      remember to go and look for them...

      Girl Scout Week always starts on the Sunday of the week containing 3/12
      and end on Saturday which is Girl Scout Sabbath, although services would
      probably be the Friday night. One can plan ahead for this one and hand
      out anything for leaders at the February SU meeting.

      For future Girl Scout weeks, our files section contains:
      * sample inserts for a church/temple insert
      * press release sample
      * at least 3 sample "activity sheets" if you want to set something up
      for your Service Unit. You can pick & chose from what is there or make
      your own. There are not too many "new" journey/badge references, but
      that would be great to add. In our SU, over 20% of our girls
      participate... It is just a simple list of things they can do that week
      and the option of buying a patch at the end, but also promotes an
      understanding that GS is bigger than the 12 of them and fosters some SU
      feeling in them as well. We use non-GSUSA patches as they are less
      expensive and have one person coordinate the order so we can save on S&H
      and sometimes get a bulk discount on the patches.
      * "order form" / leader instructions if you have one person
      coordinating a patch order.

      With enough notice GSNNJ will print them for you - black ink on the
      color paper you choose.

      If you plan to use GSUSA patches, do warn Scout shop that you use so
      they can have enough on hand for you.

      and YES, GSNNJ should look over the insert or activity sheet before you
      use it. They often have changes to the press release (# of girls, new
      slogan, etc.) and want to ensure that one is not making up an new
      slogans accidentally.

      Robin
      * - our other "biggest" SU activities are the Memorial Day parade in
      uniform & cookie sales, 4th place is probably our spring encampment
      (>10% of our girls?).