World Thinking Day req. up!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      Girl Scouts of the USA is addressing girls worldwide say "together we can save children's lives." for World Thinking Day 2013 (always Feb. 22). It's based on Millennium Development Goal 4, which is focused on reducing child mortality rates around the globe. The GSUSA World Thinking Day award is now an OFFICIAL Award and, therefore, it may be worn on the front of the official uniform sash or vest with badges. Requirements are online, follow the links for each grade level at:
      >http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/global/world_thinking_day/

      World Thinking Day not only gives girls a chance to celebrate international friendships, but is also a reminder that Girl Scouts of the USA is part of a global community—one of nearly 150 countries that are members of WAGGGS. WAGGGS selected five countries of focus for World Thinking Day 2013 to represent the five WAGGGS regions: Jordan (Arab Region), Malawi (Africa), Pakistan (Asia/Pacific), Republic of Ireland (Europe) , Venezuela (Western Hemisphere).

      The WAGGGS World Thinking Day 2013 activity packs are now ready & free to download! Twin WAGGGS activity packs for the two 2013 themes of "Every mother's life and health is precious" and "Together we can save children's lives" are now available for download.

      Based on Millennium Development Goals (MDG) 4 and 5, the packs contain activities for World Thinking Day, information on the focus countries Republic of Ireland, Jordan, Malawi, Pakistan and Venezuela, and details on how to earn the WAGGGS World Thinking Day badge.

      Go to http://www.worldthi nkingday. org/en/news/ 22120 to get them.  English versions are available now, with French and Spanish to follow.