Communication

  • brendacraig1616
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2012
      I'm looking for some guidance, opinions, comments, etc. on starting a Facebook page for our Girl Scout Service Unit. Any feedback is appreciated.

      Brenda Eisenhardt
      Chester SUM
    • allison peckham
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2012
        I started one for my town...not every leader is on Facebook so it doesn't replace other communication methods

        You can set it to be private and I would recommend that you also set it so that you need to approve each member.  That helps keep it within the Girl Scout community.

        Hope that helps

        Allison Peckham

        "Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward." - Joy Gumz

        I'm looking for some guidance, opinions, comments, etc. on starting a Facebook page for our Girl Scout Service Unit. Any feedback is appreciated.

        Brenda Eisenhardt
        Chester SUM

      • Joanne Howden
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2012

          Chatham has a Facebook page set up as Allison describes below.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2012
            Parsippany too.

            Robin (immed. past SUM)
          • cgyzander@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2012
              We have one in Ridgewood, set up by our SUM Marcia Literati.

              I suggest that you have everyone set up their profile so that they get an email when something is posted... not everybody checks every day!

              The problem of course is that not everyone is on Facebook (even though it seems like everyone is!) so she still has to send out an email to the group every time she posts info, and the ones who are not on Facebook don't see the replies by other folks.

              You should also make clear to everyone that they can only post pictures of girls if the parents have signed a photo release (for example on their permission slips).

              Carol Gyzander
              Ridgewood SUM Emeritus