Re: [GSNNJSUMS] Re: Leader meetings

  • Dale Di Pietro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2012
    Hi Lorinda,

    I usually look for a troop that needs Leadership or Community Service hours, then approach the leader of the troop.  This a great way to get someone involved with running level events.  For example, I will approach a Junior Troop for Brownie or Daisy Consultant.  The leaders and girls can plan level events while earning Junior Aid or Journey Awards.  I find that it works best to have a leader who is not at the level that they are a Consultant for.  They are asked to be Consultants for 2 years and often will stay in the position longer.  At the meetings they collect Troop Reports (attached), Troop/Group Activity Reports, answer questions for their level, give out information for level events being run in town and solve any problems that might arise.

    This system has worked quite well for me, I was Brownie Consultant for 4 years then SUM for 5 years. When I became SUM, my coleader assumed the position of Brownie Consultant.

    I have also attached two of the Monthly Agendas to give you an idea of what we do.

    I hope this helps you.  Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.  Good Luck!

    Yours in Girl Scout Friendship,
    Dale Di Pietro