"A Tale of Cinderella" Children's Gala Matinee

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
    Please share this email and flyer.

    Here's a great, fun way to expose children to theater -
    bring them to a theater event surrounding an entertaining musical about a familiar character!

    The Mahwah High School Drama Club cordially invites you to

        "A Tale of Cinderella"
    Children's Gala Matinee

    Saturday March 17th
    1:00PM to 4:30PM
    Mahwah High School - 50 Ridge Road, Mahwah
    Beginning in the Cafeteria and Finishing in the Auditorium

    $20 Admission to the Gala for Children
    $10 Admission for Adults
    (includes the 2:00PM Matinee of the musical "A Tale of Cinderella" - Music by Will Severin and music and lyrics by George David Weiss, with a book by W.A. Frankonis)

                           Before the Show
    * Come dressed in your best royal finery - break out the princess gowns!
    * Have special touches added to your hair and makeup
    * Learn a song from the musical "A Tale of Cinderella"
    * Enjoy delectable treats and sweets
                             See the Show
    * See the matinee performance in the High School Auditorium
            After the Show
    * Meet and greet Cinderella and the Royal Court on stage
    * Take home a souvenir fun patch

    Make checks payable to Mahwah Drama Boosters.
    Mail to Mahwah High School Drama Club, Att: Susan Steinberg, 50 Ridge Road, Mahwah, NJ 07430

    RSVP by 3/13/2012

    Questions? Email MahwahBoosters@...

    Susan Steinberg
    Leader Girl Scout Senior Troop 903
    Service Unit Manager Mahwah, NJ
    GSNNJ Delegate to National Council 2011, 2008
    Lifelong Girl Scout, Recipient of First Class Award
    Boy Scout Venturing Crew Advisor, Crew 42

  • Missy Murtha
    Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
      I am looking for some ideas on a Leader/daughter event. We would like to keep the costs low. Any input would be helpful.

      Thanks in advance,
      Missy Murtha
      SUM Jefferson
    • Napolitano, Lisa
      Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012

        We have done a leader / daughter tea  2 hours Sunday afternoon   leaders spend time with their daughters to do crafts.   Tea/coffee/ hot coco and cookies/brownies.  The idea is that leaders don’t spend with their daughters at meetings doing this stuff as they are helping all the girls

        Cost is very low.

          Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
            We do a Christmas cookie exchange at our Dec Leaders meeting. Each leader
            makes a batch of cookies. The daughters come and while we have our shortened
            meeting they make gift tags. Then we eat 4-6 cookies each with milk and then
            package up the rest of the cookies for distribution to various group homes,
            nursing homes, police and schools.
            So we have fun and do a service project. I think it could work for
            Valentine's Day or almost anytime.

            Bonnie
            SUM Hopatcong
          • Amy Schwartz

              Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
                The web server we use for our service unit is no longer available. I wanted to see how many of you guys have a website for your service unit and what web server you use. We are looking for something that is free.

                Thanks,
                Missy Murtha
                SUM Jefferson

                p.s. Thanks for all of your ideas for a leader/daughter event!

                  Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
                    Park Ridge has a website - the website we use is www.webs.com - and free.  It works well enough for what we need.  One of our Girl Scouts set this up as her Silver award project.  No we are becoming more advanced we will be looking into other "more advanced" website hosting companies, but they are not free.  Hope this helps!  Good Luck!!

                    Linda Menzel
                    Park Ridge Girl Scouts
                    CO-Service Unit Manager
                    Leader Troop  # 292 / # 326
                    Cell# 201-316-6631

                    Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
                      I think ours is $30 or $60 a year -- probably the later since it includes a domain name.
                      Love comments if you visit: Www.partroygs.org

                      It is not up-to-date with "year of the girl" info but it has world thinking day, centennial, and journey info.  Probably "forever green" links too.  (GSNNJ has not yet picked a forever green project.  You can't get to our roster or some of the actual flyers are they are password protected. You will also notice we do not say where girls are camping.  We do list our monthly adult meetings openly -- anyone can come to those!

                      The issue, IMHO, is not creating a website; but the updating and maintenance. Our interface requires use of HTML and it is not something that "just any one" can go in and update.  :(

                      Robin
                      Current webmaster & adult rec,  parsippany GS
                      Chair, PGS centennial comm.
                      Immed. Past SUM, PGS
                      Life member, GSUSA
                      GS 1st class awardee
                    • Cheryl Shadwell
                      Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2012
                        www.godaddy.com has free sites and are really easy to set up.

                        Message 12 of 14 , Feb 3, 2012
                          > The web server we use for our service unit is no longer available. I wanted to see how many of you guys have a website for your service unit and what web server you use. We are looking for something that is free.

                          My troop and service unit are both on qlubb.com.

                        • Lorinda Walker
                          Message 13 of 14 , Feb 3, 2012
                            Hi,

                            You can create a free website on Weebly.com for free.  If you keep the Weebly extension your website will be free. So for example, my town girl scouts.Weebly .com. You do not need to know HTML to create the website. I agree with other posters who said it's the updating that's time consuming as you always need to be on top of it. But great idea about the silver award project! Let the girls do it-brilliant!

                            Lorinda Walker
                            Emerson SUM

                            Lorinda Walker
                            Essential Wellness & Massage Therapy
                            201-314-0561 cell
                            201-986-7909 office

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Feb 3, 2012, at 8:18 AM, mrsruncible <monkphsh@...> wrote:

                            > The web server we use for our service unit is no longer available. I wanted to see how many of you guys have a website for your service unit and what web server you use. We are looking for something that is free.

                            My troop and service unit are both on qlubb.com.

                          • hackensackgirlscouts
                            Message 14 of 14 , Mar 15, 2012
                              I know I'm late replying :-) but Hackensack uses GoDaddy.com as well. They have specials all the time and ended up paying 1.99 per month for 10 Gigs of hosting and 2.99 for the .org domain. I updated regulary and even have a portal for the leaders to login for more detailed information.

                              Feel free to browse

                              www.hackensackgirlscouts.org

                              Nichole Harrison
                              Hackensack SUM