Jewish Girl Scout Award Workshop - February 12th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 247 KB
    Hello,

    My name is Susan Steinberg.  I am a member of the National Jewish Committee on Girl Scouting as well as the Service Unit Manager in Mahwah.  I am also a member of Temple Beth Haverim Shir Shalom in Mahwah.  I need your assistance in sharing the below information with the families of Jewish girls in 2nd through 12th grade in your town and troops.

    Jewish girls can earn special religious awards just for Jewish Girl Scouts in grades 2 through 12:
    - Lehavah for grades 2-3
    - Bat Or for grades 4-6
    - Menorah for grades 7-9
    - Or Emunah for grades 10-12

    Girls can earn all of them or just one.  These are official awards girls wear on the front of their Girl Scout vests or sashes.  They can be earned on their own or with a group.

    The Jewish Girl Scout awards are offered by the National Jewish Committee on Girl Scouting (www.NJGSC.org).

    In 2012, Girl Scouts of the USA are celebrating their 100th Birthday! For the past century, GSUSA (www.girlscouts.org) has been the premier organization promoting character development and leadership among girls. Its mission is to develop young women of Courage, Confidence and Character who make the world a better place.  It has declared 2012 to be the year of the girl!

    Our local council is Girl Scouts of Northern New Jersey (GSNNJ - www.gsnnj.org), and to mark the occasion, our challenge is to help local Jewish girls earn 100 Jewish Girl Scout religious awards this year!

    If a girl is not currently a Girl Scout but would like to earn these religious awards, we can help the girl register as an independent Girl Scout.  They can then participate in GSNNJ council sponsored activities and we'll help provide contacts to learn more about Girl Scouting in your local community.

    To get started on earning your Jewish religious award, we'll be holding a

    JEWISH GIRL SCOUT AWARD WORKSHOP
    at Temple Beth Rishon - 585 Russell Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ
    on Sunday February 12, 2012 from 1:00-4:00PM

    $10 for registered Girl Scouts ($22 will include Girl Scout registration)
    Fee includes Award booklet, program materials, snacks, and tzedakah.

    RSVP by 2/6/12 to JewishGSNNJ@...

    Adult volunteers are needed to help with the program.  Call Susan Steinberg for more information 201-512-1239.

    If you would like to hold a Jewish Awards workshop in your area, please let us know.

    Susan Steinberg
    Member National Jewish Committee on Girl Scouting
    GSNNJ Delegate to the National Council
    Girl Scout Service Unit Manager for Mahwah
    Advisor to Girl Scout Senior Troop 903