Question: is there a group like this for just leaders

  • leegabyna
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      Hi. I just went to training for Cadette level and there were lots of questions unanswered. One of the attendees suggested we all write our e-mail addresses and she will send to all to keep in touch. I think a forum like this will be perfect... Please let me know. Thanks, Arelis Acosta Troop 1217 North Arlington
    • Tracey Hilden
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009

        I’m curious…when you say “unanswered” was it that the training wasn’t sufficient??  Or there wasn’t enough time to answer the questions??

        I have a Cadette troop in Florham Park and haven’t done my training yet.  It’s hard to imagine after being a leader since they were Daisy’s that there is a training that could be really helpful….just my thought though.

        Any info. you can tell us, I’d love to hear more.

        Thanks!
        Tracey

        Hi. I just went to training for Cadette level and there were lots of questions unanswered. One of the attendees suggested we all write our e-mail addresses and she will send to all to keep in touch. I think a forum like this will be perfect... Please let me know. Thanks, Arelis Acosta Troop 1217 North Arlington

      • wubison
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
          --- In GSNNJSUMS@yahoogroups.com, Tracey Hilden <hilden@...> wrote:

          > I'm curious…when you say "unanswered" was it that the training wasn't
          > sufficient??

          I know that leaders in our town have been a but confused by just the number of options that GS Cadettes suddenly have - IPS and Journeys and (this year) still 2 ways to earn their Silver Award, and that 6th grades might also still be working on their Bronze award. And more council events are open to them (like CONNECT) and also more Destinations. Love to know if there is some other issue...

          I think I like the new "map of a year" that GSUSA put up that shows how traditions, cookies, trips & "badges" all fit with either Journey - for each GS level.. You can find it at:
          >http://www.girlscouts.org/program/journeys/maps/

          Robin
        • wubison
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
            I don't know of any GSNNJ leader groups like this, but there are (national) Yahoo! groups for GS Cadette leaders and also for "Cadettes & up" like:

            There may be a google group or 3 as well, but I don't know how to search those.

            HTH,
            Robin
            (co-SUM, Parsippany_