Senior Leadership Conference for 10th-12th graders - Rhode Island - March 9-11

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
      I just found this program on the GSNNJ website.  It looks interesting.  Perhaps some of your girls would be interested in attending.

      25th Annual Senior Leadership Conference
      March 9-11, 2012
      Salve Regina University
      Newport, RI

      Girl Scouts from the Northeastern states are invited to gather at beautiful Salve Regina
      University in Newport, RI, for a weekend to remember!  Girls will choose four 75-minute
      workshops from over 50 leadership workshops led by outstanding female consultants where
      they will discuss contemporary issues (college prep issues, diversity, social justice, personal
      growth, peer pressure), learn strategies to assist peers, experience diverse stress
      management techniques, and more!  Adults will attend separate workshops.  Everyone will
      sleep camp-style in dorm lounges, activity rooms, etc., and eat Saturday meals and Sunday
      breakfast in the University Cafeteria.  Activities include a dance in one of Newport’s fabulous
      mansions owned by Salve, movies, crafts, sports, improv, chorus, walking the famous Cliff
      Walk, and more!  Don’t forget to bring SWAPS!  Seniors can choose to be on the Conference
      Council and plan the closing program, sing in the Conference Chorus, share their community
      action project, participate in the Conference service project, etc.

      Girls must be registered Girl Scouts and be in tenth to twelfth grade.
      No exceptions will be made.
      Cost: $75.00 per person, Senior Girl Scouts and adults
      $10.00 per person for optional Conference T-shirt—please specify size on registration form
      Capacity:  250 Senior Girl Scouts and 50 adults
      Registration and full payment must be received by November 10, 2011

      Susan Steinberg
      Leader Girl Scout Senior Troop 903
      Service Unit Manager Mahwah, NJ
      GSNNJ Delegate to National Council 2008 (Alternate 2011)
      Lifelong Girl Scout, Recipient of First Class Award
      Boy Scout Venturing Crew Advisor, Crew 42

    • tjk1025@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2011

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2011
          Hi Susan,
          I was checking old emails and wondered if you know what the sleeping arrangements are like at this event.
          I have a friend who took her older daughters troop and they slept on a floor in  hall. That would make it a little more roughing it than I would want!
          Teresa

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2011
            Sorry, I don't have any more information that what is posted.  If you contact the Rhode Island council you could find out more.  And if you do, please share it with everyone.  I found out that my girls can't go as the Spring musical begins the following week and the drama teacher won't let the many of them involved with the show miss that weekend's rehearsals.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2011
              ok will do...thank you!