LiA (Leadership in Action) Awards for Cadettes (& Brownies)- Oveview
- The only time you can earn a Leadership in Action (LIA) award is when you are a Cadette. And you can only earn it by working with Brownies working on a Brownie Journey. Here's an overview by Deborah Corbishley to help you pick which one to work on (first). And if you're a Brownie leader working on a Journey, perhaps you can find a few Cadettes or a Cadette troop who'd like to work with you. Just ask.LIA Award Requirements Overview
It's Your Story – Tell It
1. Find a Team of Brownies to work with and talk with their adult volunteer.
2. Review the Brownie World Of Girls Book and leader guide, find out the leaders' plans and what the girls will be doing.
3. Attend some of the Brownie gatherings and complete the following with them:
a. Inspire them about stories in their lives, talk about media stories and how they make girls feel, discuss what media portrayals of girls seem true, and share stories about girls and women you met or learned about in your Journey
b. Guide the girls in building teamwork skills
c. Introduce the girls to a healthy new activityd. Use media and art forms with them to explore story telling
It's Your Planet – Love it
1. Identify a team that is doing or has done WOW.
2. Talk to the adult leader and look at the WOW books.
3. Attend some Brownie sessions and complete the following:
a. Guide the Brownies through a fun activity relating to air or water
b. Inspire Brownies to try a new healthy habit (food or activity)
c. Short activity to help Brownies think about teamwork
d. Discuss how you are living one line from the Girl Scout law and discuss with them how they might be trying to live out a line of the law.
It's Your World -- Change It
1. Assist at 4 Brownie sessions of Brownies on a Quest
2. Plan and organize 3 activities (there are 2-3 activities per session)
3. Use your special skills and talents to do something "just for fun" with the Brownies at one session: try to tie it into the Quest
4. Engage in a healthy habit with the girls involving food or movementSusan SteinbergLeader Girl Scout Senior Troop 903Service Unit Manager Mahwah, NJGSNNJ Delegate to National Council 2008 (Alternate 2011)Lifelong Girl Scout, Recipient of First Class AwardBoy Scout Venturing Crew Advisor, Crew 42Realtor, Coldwell BankerCall me if you need real estate help 201-248-0125