PGS: About our Gold Awardees

  • wubison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      The focus of our town's June SU meeting is "Go for the Gold" with a few girls talking about their Gold Award projects, more sharing their posters & leaders talking about "the review board: it's not soo scary" and also "planning a Gold Award ceremony". (I think we had 11 girls get Gold last year and at least 7 this year.)

      If you are around, feel free to join us!
      Your interested girls are welcome too.(*)

      this *Thursday*, June 9th,
      mingling from 6:45pm.
      We start at *7pm* in the downstairs meeting room at the
      Parsippany (main) library, on Halsey Road.

      Plenty of parking if you want to stop by.

      * - service unit has long been defined by GSUSA as all those 14 & up in the area, but we have never limited girls attendance by age. (Usually we put girls at the start of the agenda when they make presentations to us, but some stay for the whole meeting. We have girls presenting to at least half our meetings during the year. In March, we invite the mayor and "everyone" for declaration of GS Week. This meeting is the 1st time in a while we have made a special effort to invite girls -- certainly more than just the "gold awardees" have expressed interest in this meeting!)

      Robin
      completing 4th year as Parsippany co-SUM
      PGS = Parsippany Girl Scouts, to learn more, see also www.partroygs.org (although it is in need of updates!)

      I'll still be here in this group