Blast from the Past in Emerson - this Saturday morning

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2011
      Hi!

      Mahwah Girl Scout Senior Troop 903 is offering their Blast from the Past program tomorrow in Emerson.  If you are interested in attending to see if you'd like to bring it to your Service Unit, please contact me for more information.

      This is a council-approved money-earning project for my troop.  It is a walk through the past 100 years of history, focusing on women, Girl Scouts, and technology.  It is a series of 10 stations, one for each decade, led by a costumed girl who will actively present the decade to the attendees.  Plus we interrupt to learn/do dances from across time.  For girls in K-12, all attendees will assemble a passport through time, collect a time capsule, and leave with a goody bag of nostalgic candy and a fun patch.  Brownies and Juniors will earn, and take home, the Stitch in Time Try-it or badge from the Sybaquay council, Cadettes and up will earn, and take home, the Women through Time IPA.  Brownies also complete a second Try-It, Girl Scouts through the Years. To fulfill the service component of the earned awards, attendees will be asked to bring a donation to the local charity of your choice.

      Tomorrow in Emerson will be the 4th time we've presented this program.  We have two more in the works in other towns.

      Give me a call if you'd like more information.

      Susan Steinberg
      Leader Troop 903
      Mahwah Service Unit Manager
      Coldwell Banker Real Estate Consultant
      300 Lake Street
      Ramsey, NJ 07446

    • Lady
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2011
        How much is it?

        What are the max/min number of girls that you can handle?  ( if that is  a small number, would your girls consider doing 2 sessions onthe same day?)

        Thanks

        Sent from my iPod, mostly thumbs

[...]

      • Lorinda Walker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2011
          Hi,

          I am the SUM from Emerson. The cost is $13 for brownies, juniors and cadettes and up; $11 for Daisies.

          My town has 73 scouts attending. Since the girls are staggered going around to visit the various decades I think we can accomodate a good amount more.

          This is being held at Assumption's Lower Church, Jefferson ave in Emerson. Doors will open at 9:45. We only have the space until noon so the program cannot be repeated in the afternoon.

          Our charity is the Hillsdale Food Pantry. If you are planning on attending, please bring a donation of a canned food item or pasta or peanut butter. This will fulfill the service project aspect of the badge.

          This may be something you would want to bring your daughter to as a preview and then work with Susan on bringing it to your town.

          Best regards,

          Lorinda Walker
          Essential Wellness & Massage Therapy
          201-986-7909 office
          201-314-0561 cell

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • debra dias
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2011
            Hi Susan -

            I am the Service Unit Manager for Madison Harding - I am very interested in having our service unit attend, however, this date and the date prior did not work for me and my daughter.  I was wondering if you could let me know when the next 2 are or if this is something that your troop would be interested in doing just for our service unit.

            Debra Dias

            To: gsnnjsums@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2011

              Hi all,

              We are having them run this program in Ridgewood (as soon as I get the room booked).  We came and previewed it last time they put it on and were very impressed!  Great content, and the attendees looked like they were both engaged in the material and having fun.

              And the thing I like the best is that it is mostly older GIRLS doing the stuff for the younger ones!  How cool is that for a role model?

              Carol Gyzander
              Ridgewood SUM
            • Lorinda Walker
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 22, 2011

                Hi everyone,

                I just have to give a special shout out to Susan and her troop who did a FABULOUS job putting on this program for my town. I had 89 girls attend, representing every level and they ALL had a great time. It’s very unusual for an event to have universal appeal. Susan’s troop made that possible by tailoring their presentation to the group they were speaking with at the moment. Everyone loved the dancing and of course the leaders love that a badge is earned in just 2 hours! We also collected about 30 bags of food for the Hillsdale Food Pantry at a time when they sorely need donations.

                I highly recommend this program to any Service Unit that is looking for a terrific town wide event that appeals to all girls. Most every troop of mine was represented and the ones that didn’t come because they had “no interest” will be regretting that decision when they hear from their friends who gave it a shot and had a “blast!” J  Thank you Susan and Troop 903!

                Lorinda Walker

                Emerson SUM

                Lorinda Walker

                Essential Wellness & Massage Therapy, LLC

                For the health you deserve.

                201-986-7909

                http://lorinda.vibrantscents.com

                Become a fan of Essential Wellness and Massage Therapy on Facebook for health and wellness tips and massage promos!