World Thinking Day Postcard Exchange

  • Kim & John Nestor
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2010
      Hi all,
      I am a VERY new SUM and am in charge of a post card exchange for a World Thinking Day event.  Can anyone recommend a good website to start at?  We are doing this as a Service Unit so it'd be multiple age levels.
      Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

      Yours In Scouting,

      Kim Nestor

      SUM, Girl Scouts

      Washington Township

      Morris County

      jknestor@...

    • tjk1025@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2010
        Our troop did this exchange a couple of years in a row as Juniors and Cadettes.
        They had a great experience and connected with GS and Girl Guides from all around the world, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Alaska, Hawaii, all over the USA!! The exchange has strict guidelines, and time lines, but this keeps things on the up and up. It's easy to sign up and easy to follow. Check out the web site posted below and have a great time.....we did. Teresa G. Troop 715

      • allison peckham
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2010
          my troop did it for a couple of years as well.  Great fun and a wonderful learning experience - especially for younger girls.  I would caution to NOT set goals for a postcard from every state for example as some states only have 1-2 troops participating and they can't meet all requests.  Just do it for the fun

          Allison Peckham

          "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!" Paul Brandt