Re: [GSNNJSUMS] Blast from the Past Invite to SUMs and their daughters

  • lmr973@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8 6:49 AM
      I just wanted to let everyone know what a great job Susan and  her troop do with this event.  If your looking for a reasonably priced event and something girls of all ages would like this is it.

      The fun patch is very cute and the girls loved all the items they took home with them. The girls in her troop really do a great job.

      I highly recommend this event.

      Lisa Rodriguez
      Wharton/Mine Hill/Dover

      Nov 8, 2010 06:06:32 AM, GSNNJSUMS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      This Thursday, November 11, my Mahwah Senior Troop will be running in Saddle Brook an event called Blast from the Past.  We will bring this townwide event to your Service Unit.
      This is a unique 2-hour program where your girls in K-12 will learn about the history of the past 100 years with a focus on women and Girl Scouts.  My girl presenters are dressed in period attire, have large displays for each decade, along with appropriate GS uniforms and miscellaneous stuff of the period on display.  The presenters will welcome your girls with an oral presentation about the period and answer questions.  Your girls will collect stamps in a passport through time, as well as collect symbolic chachkas from each decade to create a time capsule.  Throughout the event, girls can view "The Golden Eaglet" movie and all will be taught and get to participate in period dances. At the end of the event, the girls will each go home with a bag of candy (one piece introduced in each decade), a fun patch, and Brownies, Juniors, and older girls will each take home one earned level award (plus Brownies will have earned a second Try-It which leaders can purchase). Everyone attending is asked to participate in a service collection (that your town will select) so that badge service requirements are completed.
      This is a council-approved money earning event for my troop.  We have run this event for Senior Citizens and as townwides in Mahwah and in Dover. We are running it in Saddle Brook this week and will be running it in Emerson in January.  We'd like to run it for you!
      If you, along with your daughter (not troops please), would like to see what this is all about, you can come to Thursday night's event in Saddle Brook from 6:30-8:30PM.  The charge for Daisies is $10 and for Brownies through Ambassadors is $12.
      If you would like to come or have questions, please email me at normandsusan@...
      Thanks very much.
      Leader Senior Troop 903
      Mahwah Service Unit Manager