Juliette's 150th Birthday

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2010
      Robin asked up what we were doing for Juliette's 150th birthday.  It got me thinking.  My co-SUMS and I decided that our service unit of about 450 girls/ 50 troops are going to try to assemble and donate 150 Birthday bags to our local Center for Food Action.  Each bag will contain a minimum of a cake mix, a can of frosting and a pack of candles.  The girls can add a birthday card (with no last names), themed plates, cups, napkins, favors, cupcake liners, pack of balloons, etc - whatever else they'd like.  Everyone can relate to celebrating their birthday, plus the little ones will really like this, the older ones will do it, and the center should be thrilled to receive so many bags.  Plus, we'll photograph the donation with a few uniformed scouts in the picture to get some publicity.

      So what are you going to do?

      Some other thoughts we had included baby baskets at the local maternity wards.

      2012480125@... text message address
      Coldwell Banker Real Estate Consultant
      300 Lake Street
      Ramsey, NJ 07446

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
        Some GS Cadettes & GS Seniors ran an fun event for GS Daisies, Brownies
        & Juniors. Part of the price of the workshop was a donation of some
        kind of craft goods - they are going to Goyreb Children's Hospital in
        Morristown.

        Robin
      • aaborkowski@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
          Two troops in Pequannock ran a Birthday Party this past Wednesday - we made Girl Scout Law bracelets, did the Juliette Low Kim's Game, held the Eternal Flame Ceremony, and had cake - 90 attendees donated Birthday Bags for our local food pantry with cake mix, frosting, plates, napkins etc...

          Alex Ann Borkowski
          Pequannock SUM