137RE: [GSNNJSUMS] Fall recruitment ideas needed

  • Lorinda Walker
    May 5 6:42 AM

      Hello Wise SUM’s,

      This is Lorinda from Emerson. I am looking for some ideas for a town wide recruitment in the fall. In the past we have done what we call American Pride Day. We held it at the HS parking lot, always on the Saturday closest to 9/11. All the troops would have a table where they would have a patriotic game or craft. We had a DJ and a motivational female speaker. One year we sang patriotic songs while my brother video taped us. We sent the CD to a dad of one of our scouts who was in Iraq . Though we love this event, we have been doing it for 10 years and are looking for something a little different. I would love to know what you all do for recruitment in the fall I would be open to doing an event in June but our school district does not allow us to schedule anything on school property after June 7th.

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

      Lorinda Walker

      Emerson SUM

      Lorinda Walker