RAINBOW PLANET EVENTS at INDIA SOCIAL FORUM, 9-13 Nov 06

  • Manohar Elavarthi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      Dear friend(s)

      Rainbow Planet is a coalition of diverse progressive groups from India
      working for the rights of sexuality minorities (hijras, kothis,
      doubledeckers, lesbians, bisexuals, gays, homosexuals, transgenders..),
      sexworkers (men, women and transgender) and PLHA (People Living with
      HIV/AIDS). Our goal is to bring together sexuality minorities, sexworkers
      and PLHA to a common platform to build solidarity within them and also with
      other social movements.

      *We are organising the following events at the India Social Forum *(Exhibition
      Ground, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, 9 th to 13th November, 2006):

      *1. Voices of sexworkers, sexuality minorities and People living with
      HIV/AIDS - *a series of testimonies and speeches by activists from Kerala,
      Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhrapradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, West Bengal.. *(On
      10th afternoon, 12:30pm to 3:30pm, for 1000 people, Venue C2 *
      **
      *2. Rainbow March*, a celebratory march of sexworkers, sexuality minorities
      and PLHA ( *10th evening, 3:30pm, starting from Venue C2) *
      **
      *3. Repeal IPC 377 - decriminalise homosexuality, bisexuality and
      transsexuality *(co-organised with National Campaign for Sexuality Rights
      and Voices against 377) – a series of testimonies and speeches by sexuality
      minority activists and their supporters. *(11th evening 4pm to 6:30pm, for
      500 people, Venue P3)*
      **
      *4. Candle light vigil against IPC 377 (11th evening at 6:30pm) *
      **
      **
      *Join us ! bring your friends along !!*
      **
      *Let's Build Another World !!*

      *You can meet us at our stall in India Social Forum* or contact us at:
      09945090302 (mobile), rainbowplanetindia@... (email)