Special Event Station in Muskegon, Sept 7

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      From Westmichiganhams@yahoogroups.com

      --------------------------
      1. Special Event K4C

      Posted by: "Jim KC8PCJ" kc8pcj@... kc8pcj_1
      Date: Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:50 pm ((PDT))

      Call K4C / W8ZHO / KC8PCJ
      Monday, September 7th 2009 (Labor Day), W8ZHO will be working a special event station from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (14:00 to 19:00 UTC) at the Cars for Cancer car show.

      The show willl be located at the Hackley Health at the Lakes, in Muskegon (Near the corner of Harvey and Pontaluna Rd). We will be using the special event call sign K4C (Kars 4 Cancer). Anyone wishing to operate or make a contact with the special event station are welcome.

      We will be operating on or near 14.245 MHz SSB, 7.270 MHz SSB and the MAARC 146.940 MHz repeater in Muskegon, MI. The repeater has a PL tone of 94.8. This is a great car show. They are expecting over 400 cars again this year. QSL information is on the ARRL special event web site.

      The event is sponsored by the Different Strokes Car Club and Knights of Columbus #13035.

      All proceeds from this event go to the Hackley Cancer Center / The Johnson Family Center for Cancer.

      If you are interested in operating at the show contact kc8pcj@... or just stop at the show. Even if you do not wish to operate this is a great car show for a great cause. come on out and enjoy.