September Meeting

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
      Members and Friends,

      The next meeting for GRARA is this Friday, 4 September, at 7:00 p.m. - coffee and rag chew at 6:30. Even though this is the Labor Day weekend, please try to attend as we need to finalize all plans and committees for the swap next weekend. The club members also will vote on an amendment to the Clubs By-laws.

      There will be NO VE testing Friday 11 September at the Red Cross due to swap set up, there will be testing at the Swap at 10:00 am, location is the Kent County Fairgrounds, in Lowell.

      Set up for the Swap will be starting I believe at 2:00 p.m. at the Fairgrounds, with a potluck starting around 6:30/7:00.

      Don't forget Open Radio Room on Wednesday evenings starting at 7:00/7:20 or when ever you can get there.

      Jack, AB8ND

    • gatorsden@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
        Please tell me when and where the swap will be.
        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009

          The Swap is 12 September at the Kent County Fairgrounds in Lowell Michigan, from 8am until noonish

           225 S. Hudson Street

           Lowell, Michigan 49331

          Jack, AB8ND

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
            Many thanks!  I'm not a ham operator, but have several antique short-wave receivers which I often listen to.  I used to be a CBer, if that is a word, using amplification, if you know what I mean.  I gave that up many years ago, shortly after a good CB friend "Bob Justice" (Hobo 1136) died of cancer. I still enjoy going to the hamfests, which I know Bob would still do if he was alive today.

            -Gator