Re: [GRARA] did you get my message from last night?

  • Megan Heyl
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2009
      You are welcome.
      Our friends "baby" got sprayed also, and found that it worked... after spending $$ on tomato juice!
      Have a good night... and hope your baby is doing better... poor thing!
      Meg

      On Jun 16, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Gary W8GL wrote:

      Meg,
      Thanks for the heads up on the store bought stuff. I'll try to get some. I'm not going to let her outside at night off-leash again!
      W8GLgary

      To: GRARA@yahoogroups. com
      From: jester1380@charterm i.net
      Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:20:03 -0400
      Subject: Re: [GRARA] did you get my message from last night?

      Gary,
      The vets and pet stores sell SKUNK OFF.
      It is a shampoo, just keep out of dog's eyes.
      Tomato Juice does not work.
      Meg

      On Jun 16, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Gary W8GL wrote:

      Hi Hank,
      Just to let you know, Gary RX your message last night.
      Incidently, my German Shorthair Pointer, Anke, got sprayed in the face last night by a skunk. This is the second time this has happened. Does anyone know of an EFFECTIVE cure to get rid of the naucious odor? I went online, and they said to use tomato juice. I didn't have any on hand, but I did have three cans of Cambell's Condensed Tomato Soup in the cupboard. I made a bathwater sollution, but it didn't entirely erradicate the putrid smell. She didn't like the acidity in the tomatoes burning her eyes, either. Would white or apple vinegar work? I'm desparate. The first time she got sprayed, the smell hung around for two weeks!
      Sorry about getting off ham subjects, but I wanted to call on your elder astute dog owner knowledge.
      W8GL Gary

      To: GRARA@yahoogroups. com
      From: n8xx@...
      Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:25:32 +0000
      Subject: [GRARA] did you get my message from last night?

      Hi, Mike

      I'm having trouble with my mail service, so I need to ask whether you received my message from last evening. I'm sending this from the yahoogroups web site, which I know works. I've had reports that my ISP is holding messages for periods of 3 hours to infinity.

      Nice job on the web site.

      73 de n8xx Hg

      Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits. Check it out.

      Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits. Check it out.