RE: [GRARA] Field Day t-Shirts

  • Gary W8GL
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
      Hank, those FD t-shirts are a pretty cool design, now that I look at them. Pencil me in for an XL. I'll leave the 15 sawbucks at the radio room with Rich / KC8NKA Treasurer, this Wednesday. Were you planning on embellishing again this year, like you did that one year, with the GRARA logo added to the shirt's back? That would be cool, if you did.
      PS. Did you get any response on your Variac repair issue?
      W8GLguitarGARY

      To: GRARA@yahoogroups.com
      From: n8xx@...
      Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:09:21 +0000
      Subject: [GRARA] Field Day t-Shirts

      So far I have orders for 8 T-shirts, which is enough to qualify for the special shipping rate of $12 for the lot.

      I'll hold the order open until this coming Friday, June 11, for anyone else who wishes to get in on this deal.

      If you wish to see the T-shirt on the web, it is at http://tinyurl. com/mblvw7

      Please send $15, payable to GRARA, to me at the address listed on QRZ.com.

      Tnx es 73 de n8xx Hg

      p.s. BTW, we have been invited to K8IHY's FB QTH, including his hanger/barn for FD 2009. For those who've been there before, this is a great site, on high ground, near Hudsonville. The address is 1840 BYRON RD, HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426, a few miles from Rivertown Mall in Grandville, and a few miles from Hudsonville. There will be more info on the GRARA website @ w8dc.org. Please plan to attend this ever popular event!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
        You're on! Since they are black, the iron ons won't work. They're only
        good for white or neutral colours.

        72/73 de n8xx Hg

        Gary W8GL wrote:

        > Hank, those FD t-shirts are a pretty cool design, now that I look at
        > them. Pencil me in for an XL. I'll leave the 15 sawbucks at the radio
        > room with Rich / KC8NKA Treasurer, this Wednesday. Were you planning
        > on embellishing again this year, like you did that one year, with the
        > GRARA logo added to the shirt's back? That would be cool, if you did.
        > PS. Did you get any response on your Variac repair issue?
        > W8GLguitarGARY

        > To: GRARA@yahoogroups.com
        > From: n8xx@...
        > Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:09:21 +0000
        > Subject: [GRARA] Field Day t-Shirts
        >

        > So far I have orders for 8 T-shirts, which is enough to qualify for
        > the special shipping rate of $12 for the lot.
        >
        > I'll hold the order open until this coming Friday, June 11, for anyone
        > else who wishes to get in on this deal.
        >
        > If you wish to see the T-shirt on the web, it is at
        > http://tinyurl.com/mblvw7 <http://tinyurl.com/mblvw7>
        >
        > Please send $15, payable to GRARA, to me at the address listed on QRZ.com.
        >
        > Tnx es 73 de n8xx Hg
        >
        > p.s. BTW, we have been invited to K8IHY's FB QTH, including his
        > hanger/barn for FD 2009. For those who've been there before, this is a
        > great site, on high ground, near Hudsonville. The address is 1840
        > BYRON RD, HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426, a few miles from Rivertown Mall in
        > Grandville, and a few miles from Hudsonville. There will be more info
        > on the GRARA website @ w8dc.org. Please plan to attend this ever
        > popular event!

        > Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.
        > <http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd_062009>

      • Gary W8GL
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
          Hank, Have you ever looked at the selection of iron-on letters and numbers available at stores like Hobby Lobby or Micheal's Arts & Crafts? They have quite an array of different colors and fonts, that compensate for the different shirt background colors. At those 2 stores and Walmart, in the computer supply sections, I saw special T-shirt transfer packets that include transfer paper for specific color shirts, either for white, and another separate package for dark color shirts, for ink jet or a separate pack for laser printers. Some packs included a code # to go to their website, and download multiple fonts and clip art, for additional art design capabilities. Check it out, the packs were less than $10.00.
          PS. You didn't say whether you got any response to your Variac repair issue or not, just wondering.
          W8GLguitarGARY

          To: GRARA@yahoogroups.com
          From: n8xx@...
          Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:36:03 -0400