Anyone for QRP TTF 2009?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2009
      Anyone for QRP To The Field 2009 this coming Saturday? Details of this
      event can be found at

      http://www.zianet.com/qrp/qrpttf_002.htm

      The "Theme" of this year's event is "The Great Depression" - and bonus
      points/multipliers are given to expeditions to sites build by the
      WPA/CCC, etc. during the 1930's The idea is to operate as a portable
      station at or near such a site.

      I haven't settled on a site - but I do know that Riverside Park in Grand
      Rapids is the site of a CCC camp which was built in the 1930's. Also,
      there's a depression era mural on the wall of the Post Office in
      Rockford. And, I believe that parts or all of Fallasburg Park, and
      perhaps Myers Lake Park, both in Kent County, might have been built
      during the 1930's.

      Please let me know of your interest, and suggestions for operating
      sites. The current plan is to operate from near the Rockford Post
      Office - along the White Pine Trail, but this is very tentative. A
      "better" WPA/CCC site would be welcomed.

      Pardon the late solicitation - the organizer of the event had
      preliminary info a couple months ago, but didn't