It's a great idea, let's pass the word!

  • mike_w8der
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 5:58 PM
      Have you noticed the new youth net on the IRA Linked Repeater System?

      It's the new "Michigan Amateur Radio Youth Net", held every Thursday night at 7:00 P.M.

      Great idea -- don't you think?

      They encourage all youth under the age of 22 to check in and discuss what is happening in their world -- both licensed and unlicensed (with control operator)can check in. This way they can talk without the intimidation of being with us older folks. They obviously don't need our help on the air, but we can all support them by spreading the word to all youth in the state. Can you help?

      And Grandpa hams out there, get you grandkids on the air from your shack. Maybe they will get interested in being just like grandpa. My granddaughter Erica is a good candidate at my station. She has already been on echolink.

      The net had 15 check-ins last week. I hope they continue to grow.