Communications help needed

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Once again the Michigan Mountain Bike Assoc. as asked for radio help
      at the Yankee Springs Time Trial on Sunday 19 April. This is a
      mountain bicycle timed event/race held at the Deep Lake campground in
      the Yankee Springs Rec. area, the trail is a 10 mile loop, usually
      there are about 400-500 riders competing. Being a wooded hilly area
      communications with anything but our equipment is very sketchy. They
      need a couple radios on the course and one hanging around
      headquarters, the campground. 2 meter handhelds working simplex work
      well, with repeaters as backup.
      Can't say for sure, but usually lunch and a volunteer T-shirt is
      provided to all helpers. You are also welcome to ride the course and
      if I'm not mistaken camping in free Saturday evening for workers
      (don't quite on on this one). At any rate Yankee is a great outdoor
      area to spend some time in and the people do appreciate our help.
      Please let me know if you can make it.

      Jack, AB8ND