Re: [GRARA] [kq2h_repeater] Gotta love Yahoo....NOT

  • Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
      Hi Hank,

      Yes today you have to run so many things to keep your machine safe and clear of  snoops. I wonder if they look for "WEB BEACONS" sounds like they may be different from cookies.

      Tom KD8DEG

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
        O I C. A Web Beacon could be as simple as a one pixel gif, which
        doesn't show up on your screen, but which is on a yahoo site. If you
        allow remote pictures to be downloaded into an e-mail, it will send your
        ip address to the place where the one pixel file is located, then that
        host can access your computer if your firewall isn't good enough to stop it.

        Anyway, I guess I won't allow remote pictures from yahoo, in particular.

        Thanks for the heads-up.

        Now, to go get our grand daughter, who has a rather strong case of
        homesickness and is crying at a friends place, wanting her parents and
        grandparents.

        Ain't kids wonderful?

        Happy Gnu Yaer

        73 de n8xx Hg