Help with tower erection

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
      Who erects ham radio towers in the Grand Rapids are? I met a fellow
      today who is very interested in becoming a ham, and wants to hire
      someone to erect a tower as soon as he passes his general license. I
      told him to look up the zoning regs for Plainfield Township. Does
      anyone know who might do such a job for a "reasonable" price? I haven't
      erected a tower since the 70's, so types of towers and pricing is beyond
      my field of expertise.

      This fellow was licensed years ago in Argentina, and has regained
      interest in hamming. He doesn't have evenings free to join a ham radio
      class, so I'll be tutoring on his schedule so he can take an exam. I
      gave him info on the license manuals and the Q&A pools from ARRL.

      He'd like to take an exam on a weekend - I think I found one in
      Allendale on a Saturday in November, but if anyone knows of one closer
      to Rockford it might help.

      If things work with this fellow's schedule, I'd like to bring him down
      to W8DC during the Phone Sweepstakes to "show off" ham radio and the
      station.

      Please advise about tower erection.

      73 de n8xx Hg
    • Wilson