New Net on the *MICHIGAN* conference server (EchoLink)

  • mike_w8der
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2008
      For the growing number of EchoLink hams, here is a posting copied
      from the EchoLink Yahoo Group site related to the mighty *MICHIGAN*
      conference server. Note that the UPPER Net is connected to the K8SN
      repeater, 442.175 Mhz, PL 103.5 at Spectrun Hospital for those who
      enter EchoLink that way.
      Posted by: "Michael J. Wolthuis" wolthui3@... kb8zgl
      Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:26 am (PST)
      I just wanted to take a second an alert everyone to two great nets we
      have added to the *MICHIGAN* conference [96170] for 2008. Please be
      aware these are Echolink nets, but combined IRLP connects are allowed
      on 9617.

      Sunday nights at 8:00 PM EST is the Michigan Upper Peninsula and
      around the United States Social net. Checkins are taken first in the
      UP of Michigan and then a general check-in follows. This is a social
      net. We often have checkins from Alaska, Florida, Georgia and beyond.

      Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM EST is the South CARS (SCARS) VoIP Net
      for around the United States. The initial net hosted 100+ checkins
      and a great time was had by all. This also is a social net. Checkins
      come from all across the US. More information is online at
      http://www.voip.southcars.com/
      (be aware some parts of the page have music on them).

      If anyone is interested in having additional nets on the *MICHIGAN*
      conference please contact me and we can see what arrangements can be
      made as we work to drive continued usage of this great asset.

      Enjoy! 73s

      Mike

      Kb8zgl