SOMETHING TO DO BETWEEN SKYWARN CALLS

  • timothy courtier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2008
      HELLO ALL,
      FOR US SKYWARN "GEEKS" WHO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT STORM, TRY THIS...
      www.cocorahs.org
      THIS IS A "ONCE PER DAY" ACTIVITY FOR THE N.W.S.
      THE MAIN FUNCTION, IS TO TAKE RAIN/SNOW READINGS ONCE EVERY 24Hrs FOR
      THE N.W.S.GRR OFFICE.
      THIS IS A NATIONAL PROGRAM, AND YOUR DATA IS SENT TO THE COMMUNITY
      COLLABORATIVE RAIN HAIL AND SNOW NETWORK (COCORAHS), AT THE COLORADO
      STATE UNIVERSITY, IN BOULDER, CO.
      FROM THERE, THE INFO IS SENT TO A WIDE NETWORK OF USERS.
      NOAA, LOCAL N.W.S. OFFICES, USDA, STATE, AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS.
      ALSO, LOCAL PRIVATE, AND COMMERCIAL INTERESTS.
      EX. LANDSCAPE COMPANIES, AND T.V. WEATHER FORCASTERS.
      ALL THAT YOU WILL NEED, IS A SPECIAL RAIN GAUGE TO ENTER THE PROGRAM.
      THESE CAN BE ORDERED FROM "WEATHER YOUR WAY" AT www.weatheryourway.com
      THESE ARE THE "OFFICAL" RAIN GAUGES FOR THE COCORAHS PROGRAM.
      THE LOCAL N.W.S. OFFICE IN GRAND RAPIDS, RUNS THE PROGRAM FOR THE
      WEST MICHIGAN AREA.
      IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHO ALL IS IN THE PROGRAM, GO TO THE COCORAHS
      WEBSITE FOR MAPS.
      I AM LISTED AS MI-KN-44, AND MY STATION NAME IS rockford 2.0 N.
      I WILL BE SENDING IN MY REPORTS, AS SOON AS MY GAUGE IS MOUNTED.
      THIS IS SOMETHING FUN, SIMPLE, AND ANOTHER WAY TO HELP OUR
      COMMUNITIES.
      73's
      TIMOTHY KB8AFS