GRARA Fox Hunt rumor -- is it true?... Yes !!!! Part 2, corrected date

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      .........Well, the 55 year old brain backfired..

      The date is June 7, thats June 7.

      You still will have a problem finding me...

      Yes, there will be a fox...

      Details:

      On June "7", 2008 at 1PM the fox will start transmitting on 145.53 MHz.

      Transmissions will be 1 minute long, every 5 minutes, plus any request
      for transmissions.

      The starting point will be the IRA swap location at the Hudsonville fair
      grounds.

      The fox will be limited by boundaries:

      West- 96th Ave in Ottawa Co.
      South- Adams (Ottawa County)/100th St (Kent)
      East- Byron Center
      North-M-45

      This fox hunt is under the auspices of GRARA, and you do not have to be
      a member of GRARA to participate.

      Someone from GRARA will take odometer readings at the start location,
      and the winner is the car that gets there with the
      least mileage.

      Other details to follow.

      Find me if you can...

      Tom Bosscher K8TB

      p.s., people have asked me about the DF receiver that I use. It is made
      by VK3YNG, and a indirect link to him can be found at:
      http://users.bigpond.net.au/vk3yng/foxhunt/foxhunt.html